Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Lately & New Training Skedj

Last week I took a trip to the Grand Canyon, good to be away for a bit, see God's country, enjoy altitude, but not good for my running schedule. I did that Monday and followed it with an intense hike on Tuesday, but exercise was limited to walking the rest of the week.

Monday- July 28 - Ran 40 min @ 6,000 ft

Tuesday - July 29 - Hiked 15.6 "+" miles round trip (Bright Angel Trail **NOT recommended to hike down and back up in a day, but we did**),(I say "plus" because the way I up I experienced part of the trail hike, to help those I was hiking with)

Wednesday - July 30 - walked 30 min, to get legs moving again after Tuesday's hike

Due to long travel days in the car on Thursday and Friday, I did not run

Returning to Austin, I decided to get serious about this marathon in November. I found an article that featured an 18 week Marathon Training Program. Since November 16 is 16 weeks away, I started with week 3. The thing I particularly like within this schedule is the use of cross-training.

Monday - August 4 - 30 min run, easy

Tuesday - August 5 - 1 hr bike ride

Wednesday - August 6 - Mile warm-up, 10 min stairs, 10 min run (@ 8 min mile pace), 10 min stairs (matching efforts of first 10 minutes of stairs), Mile cool-down

Thursday - August 7 - 30 min bike

Friday - August 8 - Practically a day off, 10 min lap swim

Saturday - August 9 - 1 hr 53 min run, apr. 12. 5 miles, hills, HOT

No comments: