Monday, August 11, 2008

Changing direction (yet again)

Who ever said that running had to be in circles. I seem to constantly be changing directions with my running. Sometimes even getting lost. I have indeed changed my training plan once again. After last week, I realized I would need a better (suited) (road) bike to carry out the workouts on bike days; I would also need to become much better at swimming before counting it as a workout. So I have decided to use the Run Tex weekly workouts posted on-line. However, I will still use the write-up as a guideline for creating my own, may even use some things from the cross-training program I have just abandoned.

Monday - August 11 - 60 min run

Tuesday - August 12 - Speed work @ track, warmup - speed drills - 2 miles Fartlek - cool down

I realized today: I love the atmosphere, kin-manship I experience at a marathon (I feel like I belong). And the ability for me to run 26.2 miles without stopping, having support, water, etc. along the way. I would run that far every day if circumstances allowed. I do, however, also revel in the idea that I will have run 3 in this calendar year; 4 within a 12 month period (affirmation of accomplishment).

Wednesday - August 13 - Day off, did some swimming in the lake but essentially a day off

Thursday - August 14 - 75 min run, 9 miles

Friday - August 15 - 77 min run, same 9 miles (but w/o stopping @ traffic lights, to see Kimbell, etc.)

Saturday - August 16 - 57 min run, Town Lake - Mopac/i35 loop 7 miles (felt really good)

No comments: